mp3 capable receiver?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Morbidsoul, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Morbidsoul

Morbidsoul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been out of the AV world for a long time now.. and its time to rebuild my audio empire! :)

My basic needs are something for watching movies on my new tv.. and some mp3 play back, hopefully directly from my pc's hard drive. Ive seen a couple receivers that had wireless connections, or ethernet ports.. either is ok with me.

Any suggestions on a receiver that can read the tracks right from my pc?

2. MUGGY

MUGGY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only 2 Receivers that I know of that will do what you require are the Onkyo TX-NR5000 and the Denon AVR4306 - about £4k & £1.5k respectively.
    Onkyo did have a model TX-NR801 at about £1k but the new model 803 does not have the Nettune function. If these prices are a bit rich then it may be worth trying ebay for an Onkyo - Denon have only recently added this feature to the AVR4306 - there are no older models with this function.
    Hope this helps.

3. Morbidsoul

Morbidsoul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea.. thats a lot more than what I was looking at spending. Im not sure what those amounts are in US dollars.. but from one of the units I could find online.. it doesnt look like the exchange rate is far off from 1-1.

I was looking around and I saw this:
    http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027460&pathId=5&page=2

Does this not do what I was thinking of? It talks about wireless pc connectivity... maybe theres something im missing? thats around 400 us.. much lower than those other units.

4. MUGGY

MUGGY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I didn't realise you were in the USA. I am sure you will have a far greater choice than we have here in England.
    BTW I think Kenwood also have some receivers in your part of the world with the feature you rquire.
    Best of luck in your search:smashin:

5. Morbidsoul

Morbidsoul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!

Anyone know of good ones that are available in the US?