mp3 burned onto dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Seven3840, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Seven3840

Seven3840

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm new to this format and not sure if this is the right catagorie to put this in. I have burned an mp3 disc onto a dvd-r with 883 tracks on it. when it's in the pc it plays all 883 tracks, when it's in my main dvd player it only plays 648 tracks and when it's in my car dvd player it will only recognise 199 tracks. Is there any way to get these dvd mp3 players to recognise more tracks than this? This is the first mp3 dvd disc I have burned and am not totaly sure if i'm the problem or the dvd players are.

Thanks in advance

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Put the tracks in folders, either by artist or category. As longs as the MP3 titles are the right length the limitation may well be with the player.

3. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    As far as I am Aware (could easily be wrong) most players do have a limitation to how amny files they can read from a disc.
    My DVD700 player will only read so many photos from a CD-R but PC will play them all, It normally tells you in your instruction manual how many files will be read.

4. Seven3840

Seven3840

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ok, i think your onto something there, on my car dvd player it is only recognising 3 folders with 65 tracks in each, whilst my in house dvd player is reading 11 folders with roughly the same or less tracks in each. Is there a limit to the amount of tracks each folder can hold, as well as the amount of folders it can read?

Cheers again,

Seven3840

5. Seven3840

Seven3840

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well they don't tell you that when they say you can burn your entire collection on one disk. Great you think when it goes bing and says success, you have burned your disk. Now go buy another dvd mp3 player and you'll be able to play it!!

6. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Not sure how it works, wether it is folders or files that its limit is met on, I can vaguley remeber reading somewhere though that the less coimplicated the tree the better the chance of reading the files is.

Might be better to burn say 200 mp3s on a disc and see if they all get read then 210 ect and see what happens, 200 mp3s per disc is still alot of music for the car :D