MP-1 Mod anyone had it done?

fatrich

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi
Im thinking of having my radeon 9500 upgraded with the MP-1 mod and this should complete my home cinema, has anyone in the uk had this done, if so where did you get it modded and how much did it cost.Ive contacted mike parker direct still waiting for a reply.

cheers

richard

wot know one had it done? ,looks like i'll be the first then. regards

rich

What happens in six months time when everyone ditches the ATI cards in favour of Geforce FX? ;)

Isnt Jenz planning to do some sort of mods to cards?

ad

What happens in six months time when everyone ditches the ATI cards in favour of Geforce FX?

I'll buy Rich's 9500 at a knock down price:D...unless of course Rich's lad doesn't use it as a shovel ;)

Rich,
The Mike Parker mod is a 5bnc conversion with a revamped amp daughter board, & the RF filters removed, you can do two of the mod's cheaply RE: the 5bnc & the RF removal.
There has been a lot of discussion with regards to the RF removal mod, it seems to only have a benefit when you are running insane resolutions anyone running normal modes 720p 960p etc have seen no increase in picture clarity.
If you are using a good low loss co-ax cable between your graphics card & your PJ, you will not need to amplify your signal to the PJ.
I'm running my home modified 5bnc modded Radeon 7200 at 720p(72-75 res) with my RF filters intact over 10m on a no name co-ax & get superb pictures with negligible noise,that said, my next uprade to "broadcast quality" co-ax (about 130 quid)
If you don't want to do RF removal or the 5bnc mod yourself seek out Mark Grant i understand he does them.
So to re-cap, save your money & invest in the 5bnc mod so you can run some top quality co-ax.
I would still like though to see a Mike Parker modded card in action.
Cheers.
Tim.

Originally posted by fatrich
Hi
Im thinking of having my radeon 9500 upgraded with the MP-1 mod and this should complete my home cinema,
cheers

richard
Hello Richard,

A home cinema is never complete, it just cannot happen :)

If you have the spare cash for the MP-1, I would say go for it.

Use some quality cables for the RGBHV BNC output. (the connectors are more important than the cable in my experience)

Justify the cost by telling yourself that you will not spend any more cash on your hobby until you have watched a lot of films,
maybe 10 or even 12 ;)

Mark.

Is ther eany benefit going for the 128Mb Pro rather than the 64Mb Pro?

Richard, sorry for highjacking the thread!!

Steve

the 128mb pro will allow more textures, etc to be loaded onto the graphics card at one go. It usually means more speed as the card doest have to keep asking the cpu to send it more data.

Steve
the 9500 (i have the 128Mb version) is visually better than the 9000 and it looks better made, i do want the mp-1 but sending my card mean i will have to do without homecinema for 2 to 3 weeks, but everyone i have spoken to says the mod does made a big improvment on sharpness, blacks, detail and very little if no video noise. Mind you if i were spending £350.00 on a mod i dont think i would admit it was crap.

cheers

richard

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom