Moving videos onto DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by luckylewis, Jun 30, 2005.

1. luckylewis

luckylewis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again,

Can I ask some of you professionals out there, which cable I require to transfer over my old videos onto DVD please.

I have been looking on eBay and have notice 2, one is a IXOS 142AV-150 3x RCA Phono to Scart, and the other is a IXOS XHT311-150 1.5m 3x Phono to Scart, I have emailed the sellers and they have either not got back to me, or as the other one said NO IDEA, yes just 2 words, "very helpful" so I have turned to the forum once again.

Thanks in anticipation

Malc

P.S. If neither of those cables are correct, can someone recommend one. :lease:

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If your "old videos" are copy protected, then we're not allowed to, mate. Try Googling 'macrovision' and 'SCART' and see what comes up.

3. TobyW

TobyW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you've got RCA's on both the player and the recorder, why not just use a 3-RCA to 3-RCA cable and avoid the Skart hassle.

The last time I bought a cable marked "3-RCA to Skart" from a high street store, it turned out to be actually Skart to 3-RCA (that is, wrong direction), and I had to re-wire the Skart connector.