1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving vertical lines on Sky?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Scapegoat, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Scapegoat

Nov 19, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have read the long thread about vertical lines, but this seems to mainly be associated with Amstrad boxes and fixed rather than moving lines.

I used to have a Phillips 32" 100Hz w/screen TV with an Amstrad standard Sky digibox. I had no problems with 'ghosting lines then' (just BIG problems with Philips and dis-colouration in the corners of the screen).

Eventually I get the set changed to a Sony KV-32NX100U (expensive beast, but as the shop exchanged at no additional charge...). This is when I started to notice the moving vertical stripes.

There are two of them and they move left to right. Only really visible when on the blank blue screen when switching channels.

I have since switched to Sky+ (Pace V2) and they are still there.

There is no RF aeriel connected to either the Sky+ or the TV, and I have snipped the cable in the SCART lead to no avail.

Its not the TV though, as on its own with just a DVD playing, its fine. it might just be a factor of the TV and Sky combined.

Any ideas appreciated. Not a big problem as its barely noticable.