Moving up from Paradigm Atoms, suggestions ?

Bsmooth

Novice Member
Reaction score
Very new here, but been into audio since I can remember. I have to say this looks like a great place, terrific long responses on some of the threads I've read.
My handle is Bsmooth, but I'm Bruce BTW
Have had my Atoms for quite awhile in my living room system. Upgraded upstairs to some Audioengine 5+ powered speakers and they make my old Atoms sound rather dull.
My Atoms are wall mounted as they also serve as Surround speakers as well connected to a also rather old Yamaha RX-V757 AV receiver.
I also have to say I love doing research, maybe I'm just anal who knows, so I've been reading a lot of reviews; The Master Switch, Darko Audio, Stereophile, Audio Science Review, The Absolute Sound, etc.
Budget probably around $1000 a pair, but this is for smaller shelf type speakers(wall mounted) that will be used with a Dayton subwoofer.
So far Wharfdale 12 series, and Revel either M16 or Concerta2 S16 both look very good.
Source material will be CD's and 192kHz/24-bit signals from Amazon Music HD streaming thru a Firestick 4K into a HDMI audio extractor and then into my Yamaha receiver.
Please advise, and let me know what your suggestions might be.

Very new here, but been into audio since I can remember. I have to say this looks like a great place, terrific long responses on some of the threads I've read.
My handle is Bsmooth, but I'm Bruce BTW
Have had my Atoms for quite awhile in my living room system. Upgraded upstairs to some Audioengine 5+ powered speakers and they make my old Atoms sound rather dull.
My Atoms are wall mounted as they also serve as Surround speakers as well connected to a also rather old Yamaha RX-V757 AV receiver.
I also have to say I love doing research, maybe I'm just anal who knows, so I've been reading a lot of reviews; The Master Switch, Darko Audio, Stereophile, Audio Science Review, The Absolute Sound, etc.
Budget probably around $1000 a pair, but this is for smaller shelf type speakers(wall mounted) that will be used with a Dayton subwoofer.
So far Wharfdale 12 series, and Revel either M16 or Concerta2 S16 both look very good.
Source material will be CD's and 192kHz/24-bit signals from Amazon Music HD streaming thru a Firestick 4K into a HDMI audio extractor and then into my Yamaha receiver.
Please advise, and let me know what your suggestions might be.

I have an Arcam SA10, 50WPC...
Just bought a pair of Paradigm Premier 200B Bookshelves for $1K for the pair, I'm very impressed with the sound, build quality, driver and crossover quality. I compared directly with the Revel M16 at my local dealer, the thing that clinched it that the Paradigms are Made in Canada, the Revel is made in China.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom