• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Moving UK account to Canada

DougEdey

Standard Member
I'm emigrating to Canada in a couple of weeks and I'd like to take my XBL account with me.

Does anyone know what the impact would be of me using my UK account in Canada? Is it just the market and codes that'll change or is there a way for me to relocate the account.

markie g

Distinguished Member
No difference i believe... you just wont be able to access the USA stuff as the gamertag is already set to the UK and cannot be changed once set.

If you wanted points you will have to buy UK points or via the console.

You will of course need a american power supply

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
I'm sure it all works on details,console detection, and IP detection, but not really a lot of info on it.

1 workaround is when you move, create a silver account in the country you are in, then use that for downloading content, etc, as the content is shared with all profiles on that console.

And don't use credit card's, use the points card's and subscription cards, for your new, and existing accounts, as their system is ****ed right up, regards moving from one locale to another.

Last edited:

DougEdey

Standard Member
That's what I suspected, I'll be getting a new 360s when I move, it gives me a good excuse.

I didn't realise that downloads were shared across accounts. Shame I won't be able to get the Gold offers :( Unless I wait and get a 48hr trial at a time :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom