Moving TV but keeping Sky HD receiver in situ - can it be done?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Gus1234, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Gus1234

Gus1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Not sure this is possible but I thought this would be the place to find out!

I have Sky+ HD and would actually like to relocate the TV to an alternative position. I don't really want to re-cable or extend the cabling.

Have I any alternatives such as a piece of wireless kit that might do the job? The Sky+ HD box can move - or stay where it is - that doesn't bother me.

All suggestions welcomed!

thx

Gus

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    There are no wireless HD senders/receivers at the moment - or none with a sensible price attached to them. But there are wireless scart senders/receivers at reasonable prices if you aren't bothered about the HD capabilities. Alternatively, just use a longer HDMI cable if the box and TV are still living in the same room.

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,775
    Welcome to AVF.
    It IS a good place in general to find out, but the particular place where you started your first thread was NOT a good one - immediately under this fixed thread by a supermoderator: No Sky Threads Here.
    As Broadz says you can send the output from the receiver's Scart socket to the TV through a pair of wireless videosenders, but they're meant more for sending to another room.
    Longer HDMI cables for receiver to TV are cheap enough, and alternatively it's a simple job to extend the cable from dish to receiver.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010