Question Moving to the US, thinking of OLED

Discussion in 'OLED TVs Forum' started by gherkin, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. gherkin

gherkin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Guys

I'm moving to the US in September for a few years (with the intention of coming back - work based). Naturally I'm looking for a TV, was thinking OLED and 4K etc what with the prices being a bit cheaper, that I'd be able to bring back.

I've been looking at the Sony A1 but am currently stuck for models to look at - I know I know there are loads of 65in to look at, but thats my problem too many lol. Also what would you need to look for other than power requirements (110-240v) in order to bring the TV back?

TIA and many apologies if this has been asked before - i did see one post but didn't really fully answer my question.

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +436
    North America uses ATSC, Europe DVB so any North American TV's is unlikely to be able to receive European broadcasts if imported back here but could probably be used as a monitor. Panasonic don't sell TV's in North America but there are all the other main brands and several other brands like TCL who have recently started selling in Europe.

Check out avsforums for more local info.

3. Goldorak

Goldorak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,328
    Frankly, I will start by buying a tv in the USA which is seriously cheaper. Most probably covered by your moving allowance too.
    I will not even worry about it working in Europe as you simply sell it or give it to someone when you come back to Europe (as long as we are talking 3-5 years)
    Af9 and zf9 should be available in sept so worth being a bit patient :)

4. gherkin

gherkin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks very much guys, I will check out those two models along with the forum mentioned in the first post :)