Moving to the cantract I'm already on?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Jaseamondo, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jaseamondo

Jaseamondo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    This is an exact quote from three.co.uk website.

"Changing your contract."

"You can move to one of our price plans of equal or higher value at any time during your contract, provided you've kept up to date with all the payments on your existing price plan. The only plan you can't move to at any time is The One Plan."

I would like to move onto the text 500 plan from three, the problem is that I am already on that very plan, just an earlier version but still the same price. The new version of the plan offers unlimited data though whereas I'm limited to 1gb which is easy to go over if you watch any sort of podcasts etc.

If they have stated clearly on the website that you can change contract,do I have a leg to stand on legally if they say no? as it looks like they are going to.

I don't have a clue on this one :confused:, the contracts are different although named the same and they are equally priced. I've never ever missed a payment either. Anybody care to comment?

regards Jason.

2. Dodgy_Geezer

Dodgy_Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    You should be able to move to the new plan without any probs as it is of the same value as your current one. However, they may ask you to sign a new contract so if you are say, 12 months into an 18 month contract on your existing plan, you might have to sign a new 18 month starting from the beginning (ie. month 1).

3. Jaseamondo

Jaseamondo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Three customer services were unable to change my contract despite me pleading my case with them for over an hour on the phone. I am very disappointed to say the least.
    My disappointment with the company started in may a few weeks after upgrading my phone to the new Samsung galaxy s2 (nothing to do with the phone though). When I took my contract out I wanted the biggest data plan possible for no more than £35 a month which is the most I could afford, I was offered there text 500 plan with the higher 1gb data allowance.
    A few weeks later however Three were offering unlimited data on the One plan with the same phone for exactly the same overall price of £35 a month. I phoned to ask if there was any way I could be moved onto that plan but was told it was for new customers only, despite having only just renewed my contract a matter of weeks ago there was nothing they were able or willing to do for me. It really sucked to be perfectly honest but I had no choice but accept it.
    Fast forward 8 months to this week, I noticed on three's website that you could move contracts as long as it was equal price or more. Great I thought now I should be able to get unlimited data for the same price . Disappointment awaited again, I did not know that when my plan was offered to me originally three had actually given me what was the higher data allowance of 1gb for the same price as the 500mb plan which as they say was to keep my cost under £35 a month, effectively meaning roughly £18 was for minutes/texts/data and the rest was for the handset cost. So If I want to pay an extra £3 (£21 in total as per new text500 unlimited data plan) they will give me unlimited data, how very nice of them to want to up my contract to £38 a month which even if I could afford I would not pay out of principle.
    What really rubs salt into the wound is that three offers an unlimited data sim only pay as you go for £15 a month which is a far better deal than they are giving me a loyal customer of maybe eight years or so who has never once missed a payment.

I've still got 14 months on my contract left but there is no way in hell I will ever be a three customer again.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012