Question Moving to mini ITX over ambitious for potential temps?

caz2005

Hi there,

I'm wanting to swap some PC bits to fit my PC in a mini itx case (The Dan A4-SFX V3 to be precise) but I wondering if that's a bit ambitious for what I use my PC for, a lot of 3D Max, Unity 3D Substance Designer/Painter, Photoshop and some games.

I'm not a complete noob, I've built 3 PCs but nothing that small, only nice big case that have lots of airflow. I'd be sticking with my i5 6600K (Not overclocked) and potentially going with the Noctua NH-L9X65 (Which PC Part Picker says will fit in that case) or the NH-L9I.

Do you think I'll be ok with these in that tiny case with the tasks I'll be doing or should I stick with Micro ATX?

Thanks for reading :)

Caz

sykotik

Distinguished Member
It's very small case , and does look nice ,
but from what iv seen - the temps are normally quite high , and if your going to be using it for a while and it's going to be under load a lot it could be bad idea.

caz2005

It's very small case , and does look nice ,
but from what iv seen - the temps are normally quite high , and if your going to be using it for a while and it's going to be under load a lot it could be bad idea.

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of gaming builds with this case but I'm beginning to see how it's maybe not good for being under load long term.

I'm struggling to find a case that ticks all the boxes. Would like something that can sit on the desk and be out of the way. Maybe the phanteks enthoo evolve shift? Says it's designed for aio coolers and it's really thin...

sykotik

Distinguished Member
It's an old case now but the fractal design node 304 is a good case ( stock intake fans are a bit naf -but can changed to some betters like the noctua 92mm - replace the rear too )

it will take a over sized cpu air cooler like the b-quiet's dark rock 3 but you will need some LP ram/s
will also fit a 3 fan GPU like the gigabyte 1070ti /1080/ti ( two slot wide )
you will need a small form factor PSU to -preferably a modular one to use less cables < don't have too but it will help ...

i had one for for over 2 years and used it as my HTPC / gaming PC which was in my tv unit and held up really well .

will have a think in the morning about some other small case .

caz2005

Cheers

That's a nice wee case.

The NZXT H200i seems quite nice too if a bit bigger than I was initially looking for.

moonbeam120

Cheers

That's a nice wee case.

The NZXT H200i seems quite nice too if a bit bigger than I was initially looking for.

If you are looking for something smaller the node 202 is a great wee case for an ITX build. It's overpriced in the UK (around £130 with SFX PSU) but can be had for under £80 without a SFX PSU, if you look around or get one from Europe.

Last edited:

caz2005

If you are looking for something smaller the node 202 is a great wee case for an ITX build. It's overpriced in the UK (around £130 with SFX PSU) but can be had for under £80 without a SFX PSU, if you look around or get one from Europe.

Hey thanks.

I've also been looking at the Loque Ghost S1. Expensive but gorgeous and with that top hat I can put in a larger aio!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom