Moving to HD from PWD8

timiano

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just a quick question. I'm making the move from SD plasma on a 42" PWD8 which has been brilliant.

One of the reasons for upgrading is to put in a HTPC connected via HDMI. The display/TV will primarily be used for media through MCE on Windows 7, about 60% of the time. I reckon about 30% of its usage will be as a PC, surfing and Internet video, and the other 10% gaming.

I'm going full HD, probably about 46-52", and I'm wandering if to go LCD or stick with plasma. Obviously with quite a bit of PC usage I'm a bit concerned over image retention, but then then I'm a bit worried about being so used to great contrast and SD picture quality, which I think LCDs can be a bit naff.

What does anyone reckon?

Thanks

Tim

I recall reading in the stickies that as a PC monitor plasmas are less than ideal. I'm pretty sure you'll notice difference in sharpness at least when using it as a PC (with LCDs being sharper).

Last edited:
Even with owning a pioneer 509 which is one of the best for avoiding image retention i still would'ent use it as a pc monitor.:(

I did a similar upgrade a few years ago, went HD Ready because I wanted the Panasonic 50PHD

While I don't quite use it as a PC monitor, I honestly think it works brilliantly at it's native resolution when connected to a PC - can't imagine any LCD looking better

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom