1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to another place - worrying about setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by quadophile, Dec 26, 2004.

1. quadophile

quadophile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    These days I am doing nothing but reading on room acoustics as I am having sleepless nights thinking about my new abode where I intend to move into and from the present room size of roughly 12x12.25 feet (pidgeon hole)good for near field listening only. I will be setting up my system in room L 22' x W 15' x H 10' 6" ceiling . Few years back when I was putting up at another place, my system was setup in a room L 16 x W12 x H 8'.9" which was the best room musically for my Maggies. My current room did not favour Maggies so had to sell them and get the Paradigm Studio 40 v.2 being driven by the Quad 606II and 66 Pre, with REL Strata III in the audio chain.

Since I am again moving to a larger room (rather much larger)I wish I had the Maggies. I am not sure if my current system will sing or cry, just hoping for the former :) I do not intend to upgrade anything or change anything until I have settled down and I give a good listen to the system I have now. In the last 10 years I moved three times and I always ended up either upgrading or downgrading. This time I will not be in a hurry.

Will know the result in the first week of January. However, any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, advice would be more than welcome :smashin: