1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving the Samsung SP50xxx

Discussion in 'TVs' started by sguilly, Apr 6, 2005.

1. sguilly

sguilly
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Am looking at getting one of these and wanted to know how easy they are to move? I would ideally like to have it in a room which is on the first floor so this would involve taking it up a flight of stairs. How robust are they, I am not got to twist anything out of alignment by tilting it on an angle?

Regards

Sguilly

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    It is recomended that you keep the TV upright and not to tilt it on its side.

3. ~~ RPH ~~

~~ RPH ~~

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    In reply to your post, I too bought this set and also have an upstairs lounge ( the stairs return in the middle - and this makes it even more tricky !! ) however me and the Comet delivery guys got it upstairs although we did have our moments !! It weighs a Ton !!! the biggest problem was the glass base, the TV. arrives pre-built so you can't take up the screen etc. and assemble it. this makes it very hard to move without you thinking something is going to go crack............. I was more worried than the delivery guy !! obviously .... he hadn't just spent £2.5 K !!!!! we managed to keep it upright - just about !! I would say watch the glass stand on the treads as you go up, try to avoid resting the front edge of the stand on any of the stair treads as I would imagine this would be the quickest way to smash it !! after all that, I got it set up and discovered the right hand speaker was crackling and distorting even at low volume :eek: , after an engineers visit the set is wrote off and a new one will arrive next week!!!!
    Exellent - up and down the stairs again !!! :eek: :thumbsdow the Sagem was a joy to move after the sammy, when i got that I thought it was the biggest TV. in the world :D :D On a happier note once the TV. is set up you will be happy with it !! I promise ...... it is a fantastic set no doubt, running through the computer it is the best picture I have ever seen(I thought the Sagem was good - but with digital this one gets it.. with my eyes anyway :cool: ( should have gone to specsavers !!! :devil: )..........Good Luck :smashin:

4. sguilly

sguilly
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx RPH,

At least I know that someone has managed to do it without everything going Pete Tong, not totally convinced that i will risk it. Might put in a few sessions down the gym before hand.

5. sanj

sanj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You could always pay the extra and get a two man delivery team, if that is an option. This would mean the responsibility of keeping the set intact lies with the delivery bods.

6. sguilly

sguilly
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did not know that you could opt for the two man delivery team, is that a normal thing or just offered by certain firms?

7. sanj

sanj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It does depend where you are buying the set from.