1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Subtitles

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stuartsjg, Sep 3, 2004.

1. stuartsjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have a Panna DVDs75EBS DVD player hooked up to an AE200 Proj with a 2.35:1 screen.

When watching movies that are 2.35:1 with subtitles, the DVD player positiones these titles inside the black letterbox that puts 16:9 to 2.35:1.

The DVD player lets you change the subtitle position... but only lower on the screen, i cant get them higer and as such they get projected on to the border.

This is ok for some films as they only come up once in a while, eg. LOTR in elvish etc. I was watching Passion of The Christ which is all subtitled and had to reposition the proj so i could see the words.... this resulted in a smaller image which isnt good!!!

Does anybody know if there is a way to get My DVD player to position the subtitles more towards the top of the screen, iw move them up about 20 pixels so theyre allways in the picture area and not on the black letterboxed part.