1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving subtitles flicker and smearing

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by lz1cam, Apr 4, 2005.

1. lz1cam

lz1cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I’ve been using my LG Phillips RZ-30LZ13 LCD TV for two months.
    I found out that when subtitles are flowing into the screen (left to right or upwards), they flicker a lot and look heavily smeared. At the same time there are some cable TV programs, the subtitles move smoothly without any smearing.
    Both cases do not depend of the subtitles speed. For instance it is possible slower move to present much more smearing than faster one, which goes smoothly. That means the problem cause is not in the LCD speed at all.
    As in the most cases (TV programs) the moving text is hardly readable, please tell me what might be the reason and how to get rid of it.

2. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This problem is not in the LCD but in the de-interlacing and upscaling.
    Some of those systems do a much better job than others.
    I have a Dell 17" TV (Faroudja DCDI) which has the problems you mention, and a Philips 9986 (Pixel-Plus II) which does not show it.

3. lz1cam

lz1cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK Bob, but what might be different between moving picture and moving text then? I hardly see smeared pictures but almost as a rule the moving subtitles are real bad with little exceptions.

4. lz1cam

lz1cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I ment Rob1698 :)