Moving Sky to new home

soggs

I am moving into a new house and I'm looking to take my Sky with me. I know that Sky usually charge for a home move but the place I am moving into already has the dish and cables installed so it will just be a matter of connecting them up it should all work. Would Sky still try and charge me for this, or would it be a free move?

If they were to charge would it better to take out a contract as a new customer at the new place, especially as I'm looking to take their broadband package too, or try and get something through cancellations?

Tight Git

I was in an identical position three years ago.

I brought the boxes with me, plugged everything in to the existing dish and (thank goodness) it all worked.

It was then just a case of informing Sky of the new address (for their Accounts Dept) and phone number (for multiroom).

Easy! :smashin:

logiciel

it will just be a matter of connecting them up it should all work. Would Sky still try and charge me for this
Yes, it's just a matter of connecting the cables, not much different from plugging in the TV.
You wouldn't want to bring in someone to plug in the TV so you don't need Sky to do it for the receiver.

soggs

Cheers for the replies, pretty much what I thought would happen, should hopefully save me some money too.