Moving RP TV's - Advice needed

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am due to move house in the next two weeks and have a Toshiba 40" rear projection TV.

Just need some advice on how to move it.

Can i lie it flat in the back of a van or does it have to be kept upright?

Any little quirks that RP TV's have as far as being moved about?

Any help gratefully received...........

Plus, if there is anyone who lives locally who fancies helping me........:D :D :D

Well a Tosh engr brought a 40' to my house laid on its back in an estate car...so it shouldn't hurt it ! AFAIK there are no loose bits inside that will flap around..

You are highly likely to need to set the convergence up again at the other end !

When I moved my stuff, I wrapped it all in bubble wrap - you can get it from your local garden centre/homebase etc...

Happy moving !

Daz

Cheers Daz........

Luckily the Tosh engineer that came to set my TV up showed me how to navigate the service menu so re-converging it may be a pain in the ar$e but at least i know how.

Cheers :)

I'm just about to move my Panasonic 47" and I had the same dilemma.

I can get it into a people carrier but only by lying it on it's back, otherwise it's a case of hiring a big old van.

I gave Panasonic a buzz and they said definitely DO NOT lay it on it's back. it's the worst thing you could do to a RPJ set.

You are likely to knock the mirrors and guns well out of alignment. If you keep yours upright throughout the journey you will be ok to simply re-do the convergence. If not it could be case of a much more serious affair.

I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

I recently moved and had a removal firm just wheel both my Tosh' RP TV's into the back of the lorry along with my other bits and pieces and back out the other end, absoultely no problem, no convergence issues resulted from the move. In addition I helped a friend pick up a Sony RP TV last year, we loaded in the back of a transit (upright) and tied it in place, it was a bumpy ride but despite that there were no convergence issues when connecting at the other end.

It seems to me that it would take quite a knock to warrant any major "re-setup".

Well, in that case then i shall definitely be borrowing a van from work, packing the TV in between my bed/duvet/soft furnishings and driving VERY slowly indeed!

Next problem is getting the thing up a drive with a 40 degree incline!

ho hum :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom