1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving problem and noise

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by pioneerman, Oct 15, 2004.

1. pioneerman

pioneerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    i know this has been covered before but i am moving soon to flat from a house.now heres my problem for four years i have had homecinema bliss and watched movies at a level i am happy with with no problems with the neighbours.The flat i am moving to is on the first floor with a flat above and below and to one side.what i dont want to do is down grade my hardware if i can avoid it,but now heres the prob ,i dont want to fall out with the new neighbours the first time i sit down to watch a movie.First i could remove all the spikes from speakers and sub, oh the floor is carpet.A friend suggested thick peices of foam under the speakers and sub.Does anyone have any ideas for me without haveing to insulate the walls etc. any advise would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    invite neighbours round for a movie....

3. pioneerman

pioneerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    invite neighbours round for a movie, a glass of wine and give them earplugs as they leave :D

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Exaclty mate......

5. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe you could just turn it down a bit or use the amp in 'late night' mode or something?
    just be open with your neighbors, i used to live above a bloke who seemed to love the 'lions' bit (affectionately given by myself and girlfiend)
    but he never played his movies late, if he did we never heard him and it wasnt that bad when he did in the day actually as youve got to be quite sad to stop your day and just listen out for next doors music etc.
    if your open about it then the neighbors wont have any problems coming to you and saying its bit loud, then you can sort it out.
    for all you know the walls might be a metre thick and you have no reason to worry, probably not but you get my point.

6. pioneerman

pioneerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    yes your right i can lower the dynamic range on the amp and lower the sub. best thing i can do after introductorys with neighbours is as you say, what i will do is politly ask them if i do disturb them for them to let me know,and also have a movie playing at a moderate level and possibly enter their flat and see what they think.anyway the last thing anyone needs with our hobbie if we can call it that,is getting off on the wrong foot so to speak with new neighbours. :)

7. djchapple

djchapple
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A comment just to create a more intense discussion.

How about using earphones!!