• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered Moving Photos From Panasonic DMC-FT30 To iPad?

Julian Brown

My wife recently bought a Panasonic DMC-FT30 digital camera and now she wants to move the photos she's taken on it to her iPad & iPhone.

Our home IT setup is 100% Mac. We have an iMac, an iPad and 2 iPhones.

We are not very proficient in photography so my question is: How do we easily (for a laywoman) move the photos from the DMC-FT30 to the iPad and/or iPhone?

shotokan101

Banned
does the Mac have a card reader ? - if so then just copy the images off the card and then share the images to the iPad/iPhones using say iPhoto/iCloud ?

Julian Brown

I do have a card reader but we were hoping there was an easier way to import the photos direct to the iPad or iPhone without going via the Mac.

shotokan101

Banned

AMc

Distinguished Member
As Jim says a WiFi SD card is simplest.

I use Toshiba FlashAir SD cards with my non-WiFi camera and recommend them.
FlashAir™ - TOSHIBA Memory
You turn it on and it creates a local WiFi hotspot. Connect your iPad or iPhone to your FlashAir WiFi hotspot then use the FlashAir app to review and copy the pictures.
Advantages are you don't need to unload the card from the camera - which is a faff on some "tough" cameras.
Disadvantages are WiFi is not the fastest way to move files. The cards are more expensive than they used to be. As with any memory buy from somewhere reputable to avoid a disappointing fake.

The alternative is the SD card>lightning cable.
Advantages - should be quicker, you can use it with more than one card
Disadvantages - you have to unload the card for every picture and carry an adapter around. Not ideal on the beach.
Apple Lightning to SD Card Reader (Official) £24.99 - Free Delivery | MyMemory

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom