Moving on from the Index...

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
So, I'm thinking of moving on from the Index.
Its not connecting to my PC easily and I cba to troubleshoot the piece of crap. Outside of warranty, thinking of selling the headset or maybe the entire setup.

Where shall I move to next? Is it the Quest 2 or is something else on the horizon?

As much as I feel the Index might be better, I just don't have fun with it. The wire is a pain in the ass, the boot up is annoying at times.. its just... not fun for some reason. I see Quest users playing Resident Evil, happy with what they get given whilst on Valve land, we're given nothing.

Oculus have had air link updates and all this crap which are exciting cheap innovations which ultimately upgrade the experience for free. Index I got nothing.

My other alternative is the G2 I think.. or I could go all-in and get an Aero but i feel like it'll be 20-50 hours of troubleshooting it.

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
I've had a couple of quest 2 headsets, and now use a hp reverb g2, it all depends what you want from the headset, the g2 clarity wise is miles ahead and for my use case was the better option.
The quest 2 is great for the money though.

thesnowdog

Well the Cambria is supposed to be released this year sometime but they haven't announced a release date yet.

Get yourself a Quest 2, only 300 quid/dollars and will tide you over until someone releases a new headset. 😁

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Well the Cambria is supposed to be released this year sometime but they haven't announced a release date yet.

Get yourself a Quest 2, only 300 quid/dollars and will tide you over until someone releases a new headset. 😁
might wait for the cambria then mate. looks interesting. gotta sell this index now... might just do CEX trade in for £550 or w/e they give.

I think my next headset needs to be wireless. I'm over the cable now. hopefully can occy a wireless dongle as my wifi in my house is crap.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
if it has a fault surely you won't get much for the index?

I know I mentioned it in another thread but if I were buying now I would also consider the Pico 3 for similar price to the quest but without the compression limits of usb3.

oculus (meta now I suppose) are on the verge of releasing a wireless dongle if they haven't already

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
if it has a fault surely you won't get much for the index?

I know I mentioned it in another thread but if I were buying now I would also consider the Pico 3 for similar price to the quest but without the compression limits of usb3.

oculus (meta now I suppose) are on the verge of releasing a wireless dongle if they haven't already.

im sure it works just i cba to troubleshoot it. they will test it in store and 90% sure it will work lol.

im prepared to wait for PSVR2 or cambria. cambria looks ace

G2 i cant deal with those sh*t controllers.
Q2 is a good shout but again.. cambria incoming might as well wait. cambria + wireless dongle + a mirror in my gym would be a killer setup IMO.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom