Answered Moving on from AVR600 ... where to?

My Harmony Touch switches on both the 550 & 600 and then switches off the display of the 600 so looks a bit more like a power amp Lol:clap:

8064EB2D-1676-472B-A7BF-06508B44EFCF.jpeg

It was asked earlier in this thread but has anyone found any info regarding new AVR models on the horizon?

I would love to get the replacement for the AVR850 if/when released.

Mine is beginning to say amp fault. So avr850 or nad master series separates. Quite a price diff so reluctant getting nad. But with the arcam issues over time also not so keen getting that which also have been around for a while.

It was asked earlier in this thread but has anyone found any info regarding new AVR models on the horizon?

I would love to get the replacement for the AVR850 if/when released.
The only dates that I can see on the product info for the AVR850 is 2016 (from the product flier .pdf), so you may have a year or two to wait for replacement if 4 year cycles are used.

The only dates that I can see on the product info for the AVR850 is 2016 (from the product flier .pdf), so you may have a year or two to wait for replacement if 4 year cycles are used.
Is this the normal Arcam CycleCycle? And will there be an updated 4k bluray coming out?

Who knows? - there have been a lot of changes to Arcam in recent years - British until 2012, then Canadian until mid-2017, when it was sold to an American company owned by South Koreans.
Whether this has changed what actually happens at Arcam in regards to product cycles remains to be seen.

I am unsure whether to go 550 or 850 (big price jump) or Anthem 1120. I have spoken to Nintronics who are willing to set up all 3 amps in a blind test, all set to default, all playing the same stereo track through similar left and right speakers as mine B&W803Dii.

Quite substantial speakers those. Definitely give them a good crank, also in multi-channel.

And please let us know your thoughts afterwards. So many times I read members going for demos, and I really want to know the outcome but they don't post further...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom