Moving on from a Samsung QE65Q9FN

.Griff.

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've had my Samsung QE65Q9FN for almost three years now and I love it. So much so that I may move it into the family room to replace an older TV and that will leave me looking for a successor in the lounge.

It's a north-facing room so direct sunlight isn't an issue and I will mostly be watching 33% sports, 33% YouTube and 33% movies with a 1% outside chance of some gaming. I really like the OneConnect box on the Samsung so anything similar would be great but not essential. It will also be wall mounted with existing holes/cable management in place so a TV with a removable power cable would be preferred but again not essential.

Sizewise around the 75" region. Budget wise up to £3000ish but every penny saved helps towards a wedding.

I've eagerly looked at the 77" LG C1 but it's still a little too expensive for me. I've done little to no research on any other alternatives. Any recommendations?

I'd wait for the price of the new QN90A/QN95A to come down before buying, would be the obvious upgrade to the Q9FN. Its expensive right now having only just been released.

Last years models would be the Q90T/Q95T but I don't think they'll be an upgrade compared to what you're using.

On the Sony front, there's the XH9505.

If you want to up in size you'll want to consider LCD TVs, that is unless you can stretch to the 2020 CX:

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look in more detail after work.

Just a quick update and thank you to Dodgexander for their help.

After many hours (36+) on YouTube, I decided to go with the XH9505. £1679 for the 75" version seemed too good to turn down.

20210826_084552.jpg

That is so much television for the money! Enjoy!

Thanks! I just need to figure out how to get it upstairs, wall-mount it and then I can enjoy it. It's still sitting pretty in the hallway :(

Thanks! I just need to figure out how to get it upstairs, wall-mount it and then I can enjoy it. It's still sitting pretty in the hallway :(

Good luck, maybe bribe a strong mate with some beers!

That plan is already in motion 😅

I suspect you'll already know but you can put the feet on the television without taking out of the box. I only found out after I'd removed the box....:facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom