Moving my Sky Q Box


Active Member
Hello folks, I am about to move my TV setup which will also involve moving my Sky Q Box and router.

I get somewhat confused when I see cables referred to as foam filled etc. etc.

I only need to extend my twin satellite cable by 2 metres and I know that I can do this using F Plugs but it's the cable that I'm not clear about. I have also heard mention of WF100 cable.

Is the stuff sold on Amazon any good as sometimes there is no mention of the type of cable?

I also need to extend my Ethernet cable by the same amount, is it possible to extend RJ45 cable without losing signal.

Thanks in advance of any advice that may be offered.


Distinguished Member
Sky normally use twin (shotgun) WF 65 cable. You will need a pair of f type barrel connectors.

RJ 45 cable is good for 100M. You just need a coupler

Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom