1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving my Mission M7ds. Please advise.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Bristol Pete, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Hello,

M7DS presently reside at side of listening posistin.

However, moving them into new cinema room shortly.

I was wondering, are they best placed to my sides or can I put them on the rear wall, above my head, firing back towards the front soundstage.
    I know that they disperse the sound rather than point it, but as my sofa a flush with the wall that I may put them on I wonder if the sound will travel over my head and may casue me to loose rear soundstage. Presently the odd rear effect is clearly going to my side, rather than over my head if that makes sense.

I may play around with position before hand but struggling for exceptionally tall friends who can stand with speakers in hands for hours,and I hope to hide any rear speaker wire in new coving before finalising placement.

Any advice readily accepted.

Thanks,

Captain Benefit.

2. paulfd

paulfd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    You might find some useful info and tips here http://www.dolby.com/ht/ . Bob007 sent me this link (ty Bob :smashin: ) when I started asking questions and got most of what I needed to start my set-up. It shows that the recommended position for rear speakers in a 5.1 set-up are actually at the sides and not behind the listening position.
    The pdf file 'The Dolby Guide to Home Theater Sound' should tell you some more of what you want to know.

Hope you find it useful

Rgds

Paul