Moving MODEM to another Cable point in the house?

Geefiasco

Novice Member
I want to move my modem out of one room into the living room so I can receive a better connection whilst everyone uses their laptops in the evening, and also to connect my Mac direct via Ethernet (through the modem).

I have attempted to screw the lead into the 2nd port of the 'cable point' which my TiVo box is connected to, and I receive no connection to the internet. However, Port 1 does give me a connection.

Having looked closer, I noticed a FM & TV printing on the 'cable point', which is why I get no connection from Port 2 (FM).

Is there anyway I can get a connection through the FM Port? or even some sort of splitter so I can get the internet up and running?

Thanks.

25247791.jpg

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6887/25247791.jpg

SUMMONER

Unless you are going to attach cables long enough to wrap them all the way around the house twice over I wouldn't have thought so. The splitter is only £1.99 delivered, give a try.

Geefiasco

Novice Member
Thanks a lot.

One more thing, it says "When splitting a Satellite LNB to supply more than one receiver there are limitations as you will only be able to select one polarity at a time i.e. Vertical or Horizontal."

Will I have any problem with this as I'm splitting the TV/Broadband?

SUMMONER

You should be fine with the adapter.

Notice that you will also need a short coax cable to attach the splitter to the wall socket.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom