moving itunes to another directory help

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
Is it possible to move the music stored in itunes to an unused partition on a laptop? If so how is best to do so? the reason is the main directory C: is nearly full but there is a rarely used default partition D: on the HDD which would be a better place to store the music and free up some HDD space Or alternatively can itunes point at NAS and can music etc (some purchases from itunes) be moved to a new HDD?

Hi Horny mate

I did mine recently and moved the library to my external hard drive , im fairly sure its the same with just moving to another part of your internal hard drive.

Its the "consolidate library" function within itunes in the tab advanced. I'd just do a bit of research first on ilounge forum as i did and to be honest was fairly easy and stressless although i did get myself a bit worked up about doing it as my library is 13000 strong.

I couldnt explain the steps to you thats why i suggest just having a look on ilounge as there is a step by step there.I think its called moving your itunes library. Its quite painless mate:smashin:

I free'd up loads of space on my c drive as its all now on my external HD. I think that itunes can consolidate to any drive ("point") but dont specifically know about NAS.

Hope this helps

This is the thread mate its a good starter for 10 and should sort you mate

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=31133

"How to relocate your library!"

Havent a clue about Nas dont even know what it is :(

Maybe you can enlighten me and i'll feel a little more educated than before :rotfl:

I'm presuming its some sort of external drive ?????

Im fairly sure its ok Horny as ive heard other people have their itunes library "pointing" to it but double check on ilounge mate.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom