Moving into new house - can I just take my box?

mattr37

Novice Member
Hi there

I'm moving house in a few weeks' time and wanted to know about my Sky+ box. The place I'm moving to has a Sky HD box currently installed with a dish, but they've canceled the account, so it's inactive, but still receiving signal as they use it for freeview. However, they are leaving the dish and cables when they move, so it's all hooked up correctly.

My question is: Can I, literally on the day I move, pick up my Sky+ box, drive over to the new house, connect it up and start watching? I'm keen to not have an engineer round as it'll cost money I assume. Obviously I'd need to contact Sky to tell them I've moved, but is there any reason I can't install it myself when I get there? I also don't want to have to wait two weeks or whatever for an appointment from them as I'll be missing my fave shows, nor do I want to lose what's on the box!

Thanks for any help/advice.

Matt

Broadz

Yes. If they've got Sky HD they've got two cables running from dish to box. That's all you need.

You'll need to let them know your change of address and phone number ultimately (billing purposes if nothing else) but it won't stop you using your Sky+ box from day one.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom