Moving House

Will I Aint

Looks like I'll be moving soon and I'm going to miss my Atmos set up. The house is already finished nicely and it's not like my current open plan set up where we had gutted the ground floor and I ran all the cables for an integrated 5.1.4 set up.

I'm no fan of upward firing speakers so I might have to bit the bullet and get into the ceiling once I find out which direction the beams are running. I'm quite happy with the CT165s but will now need to look for a suitable replacement.

The lounge is a little over 4m x 4m which is now a little under the recommended minimum room size for my transmission lines but hoping they'll be ok with room correction.

On the plus side I'll be sitting a little closer to the TV and the room acoustics should be better.

Will I Aint

Looking forward to progress pics...

what's on the kit list?
Everything in my sig but I'll need to find alternatives for the ceiling speakers.

Jester1066

Dali Altecos?
+1 for these. I use 4 of them for atmos (as front/rear heights). They are excellent speakers imo - very versatile too.

Will I Aint

They look good but I want in ceiling speakers rather than down firing height speakers.

mungazing

Novice Member
+1 for these. I use 4 of them for atmos (as front/rear heights). They are excellent speakers imo - very versatile too.
Hey mate, I’m trying to work out the angle of the baffle when wall mounted to see if they’ll suit my setup…. I’ve seen the depth of the thick top end of the wedge per Dali specs, but what about at the bottom thinner end? What does that measure… any help appreciated! Looks to be about half….

Jester1066

Hey mate, I’m trying to work out the angle of the baffle when wall mounted to see if they’ll suit my setup…. I’ve seen the depth of the thick top end of the wedge per Dali specs, but what about at the bottom thinner end? What does that measure… any help appreciated! Looks to be about half….
Difficult for me to measure the thin end now as they are mounted at ceiling height. Tbf it does look about half the top width. @mr gothic - could you meassure the depth (thin end)?

Jester1066

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom