Moving House with Sky+

rct

Novice Member
I'm moving house shortly and I also want to get another Sky+ at the same time. Price-wise am I right in thinking it's best to get a new installation from Sky directly and ask the installer to hook up the existing Sky+ as well or would it be better to use the Sky "house move method" and ask Sky to install an extra new Sky+? Local installers want £75 to put up a dish and do the required cable runs and £199 for the extra Sky+ box.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Starburst

Novice Member
Well if you can fool SKY into thinking you are a new subscriber then you can get a new SKY+ and install for £200 all in then you just need to slip the installer a bit of cash to run you two more cables or do it yourself.
SKY charge £40 to install a new dish when you are moving house, not sure if they charge the same for a SKY+ system due to the slightly more expensive Quad LNB that would be required.
Which method is cheapest might depend upon any deals being done at the time you enquire about prices.

The independents price isn't too bad and you will have more control over dish location and hopefully it won't be a rushed job so overall quality might be higher than a SKY installer working to a quota.

rct

Novice Member
Thanks for the advice Starburst, I've decided to hedge my bets with the Sky "move" option, they have agreed to the move and install an additional Sky+ for £249, which isn't bad given that I'm moving in on the Friday and Sky will be up and running again by the end of the following Monday (fingers crossed). I'll try and resist the pressure to sign his bit of paper until I'm happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom