Moving house....will I have to pay for installation??

stevep94

I currently have the full package with Sky including movies, sports, HD and 1 multiroom paying around £65 a month but I'm hopefully moving house soon and will need it all rigging up again!

Does anyone know if I will have to pay for installation at the new house? (its a new build so there isnt a dish up currently!)

Also, I assume I cant get it installed before there is a working phone line to the house??

Thanks....

StevieP

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
All your answers can be found on the Sky web site under Moving home.

stevep94

Just had a look and its told me how to do it but doesnt mention any costs!?!?! - Does this mean its free??

SteveP

fernandez

Novice Member
Just had a look and its told me how to do it but doesnt mention any costs!?!?! - Does this mean its free??

Sorry, but no:(

I think the cost is around £60 but check by calling the number on the website

stevep94

Damn!!! :(

Trouble is I'm only half way through my minimum 12 month contract on the HD side so I cant even threaten to cancel!!!! :mad:

SteveP

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
when i moved house i rang up and recommended myself as a new customer at my new address. got a free sky + box and free installation 6 months half price full subscription, and the £50 M&S voucher at my old address for recommending myself. (you must pay new DD from another bank account) canceled my sky from my old address kept the existing sky + box from my old house . so ended up gaining out of sky for a change.

problem is your not at the end of your contract so they would charge you to cancel.

Platelet

cost was £60 when I last did it, if you have multi room you need the phone line first.

As it's a new build BT will probably charge you £125 for the priveledge

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
I have heard of instances where Sky will pay the £125 BT fee, especially if you take the Sky Talk and Line Rental from Sky.

Jat1

Standard Member
Hi mate

I am in a similar situation to you. Just been on the phone to Sky- for a whole hour!

Have everything, the whole Sky HD package (movies, sports etc) Broadband, telephone, line rental etc

They charge £60 for a home move.

You will need to get a new line connected. BT do this for £125 but sky can do it for £105- No way you can get out of this...you have to pay it.

You might be able to get them to install sky for free but you may be charged £60 for this.

I'm moving at the end of the month so they said call back 2 weeks before and they will arrange everything then.

Hi mate

I am in a similar situation to you. Just been on the phone to Sky- for a whole hour!

Have everything, the whole Sky HD package (movies, sports etc) Broadband, telephone, line rental etc

They charge £60 for a home move.

You will need to get a new line connected. BT do this for £125 but sky can do it for £105- No way you can get out of this...you have to pay it.

You might be able to get them to install sky for free but you may be charged £60 for this.

I'm moving at the end of the month so they said call back 2 weeks before and they will arrange everything then.

If anyone who is moving home and would like an installation done by a professional installation company give us a call 0800 0845 187

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom