Moving house to NW London and on from Tag Mclaren/B&W Nautilus - Equipment and Installation advice, please?

lovegroova

Hi all,

I'm looking for an installer supplier in the NW London Areaa.

I'm going to be moving in with the other half in a few months and therefore some changes are required to my AV setup.
the reason for the delay is that we are undertaking a house renovation and want to get some advice before new walls/decorations go up.

Currently I have the following setup used for both movies and music.

Audio:
Tag Mclaren AV32R DP / 100x5 / DVD32R
B&W 805 Signatures L&R / HTM2 Centre / SCM1 Surrounds
Velodyne DD10 Subwoofer

Video: PS3 (for Blurays)
Virgin TV V6 but may be Sky+HD, or Sky Q
Google Chromecast TV
Amazon Firestick
Lumagen Radiance XS3D
JVC X35 Projector (1080)
Beamax powered M-Series 84" Tab Tensioned Screen
LG 4k HDR TV

The future setup needs to be a bit easier to use with my Logitech Harmony (I am aware this won't work forever given the recent announcements).
Other considerations:
New setup will have to be 4.1 and I'll be keeping the 805 Sigs, Velodyne, X35, LG TV, Sky, Chromecast and Fire Stick.

The plan would be to connect sources direct to a new receiver and send video to either the projector or TV.

To the details and your sage help, so I need recommendations for the following - I'm happy to go 2nd hand:
  1. Receiver - I will need something that will pass through 4K for the TV and HD for the projector. It also needs to deliver excellent quality sound, hopefully comparable to the TAG stuff. Anthem 5X0?
  2. Disc player - A 4K and 3D Blu-Ray HDR capable unit that also plays CDs well. Panasonic DP-UB450EB?
  3. In ceiling/wall surround speakers, something of high quality but much less obtrusive than the SCM1s (this is not hard!).
  4. I am not sure whether to put the Lumagen in between the receiver and projector - thoughts on that one welcome.
Sadly, I don't have the same kind of budget that I used to, so hopefully my ideas give you an idea of the kind of thing.

Any other thoughts very welcome and thanks in advance!
Please get in touch via PM and we can take it from there.

Here's the layout. S = speaker, P = Power, H = HDMI port. the "rack" will be under the TV with in-wall wiring and posts to save running cables around the room.

AVSetup.JPG

A few photos of the room as is:
PXL_20210613_124722424.jpgPXL_20210613_124652097.jpgPXL_20210613_124704762.jpgPXL_20210613_124730458.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom