Moving house to non VM area (still under contract)

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Stagshead, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Stagshead

Stagshead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We are still into a VM contract (6 months minimum to go)but are moving to a non VM area. Before I let them know, will they cancel our subscription or will I have a fight on my hands to stop them recovering the outstanding balance. Has anyone had a similar experience and can offer any advice. Thanks.

2. Ernie_C

Ernie_C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Ask yourself who is not meeting their minimum requirement in this situation?

3. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,048
    You are still contractually obligated. It makes no odds that you are moving to a new address and the contract in association with your old address still stands. VM usually offer you two options in cases such as this. You can either make an up front settlement to terminate the contract or Virgin sometimes allow you to take a lesser contract that only provides the services they are able to provided at the new address. The latter is purely a gesture of goodwill. THe early termination is negotiable and the fact that you cannot get cable at the new address does seem to get a more favourable settlement price.

The only other option is to try persuade Virgin the cable the area where you are moving to in order that you can continue with your current contract as outlined here:

Want Cable, been told it’s not available? We might... - Help & Support Forum

For clarification of your contractual obligation, here are the terms and conditions outlined in section J and K:

Virgin Media - Terms and Conditions

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014