moving house soon........

plasmahal

Novice Member
As the title says really.

I've had a panasonic SKY SD box for around 8+ years now and it freezes around 5-8 times a week. annoying and not uncommon for a box this old i presume ?

The house we are moving too has no sky dish so we are going to have to pay for installation.

Would i be able to get a good deal with sky if i wanted to upgrade to sky+ ?

I think some people go the route of threatening to cancel their subscription and get a deal this way.

Any suggestions ?

ian-d

Novice Member
Generally the best thing to do is if your existing subscription is over 12 months old, cancel at your old address saying something along the lines of your moving abroad, then setup as a new customer as the new address, as new customers tend to get the better deals. Its worth trying initially though asking Sky about moving house, and what they can offer you in terms of upgrade and install, you might get something matching a new customer deal.

James Payne

Novice Member
Generally the best thing to do is if your existing subscription is over 12 months old, cancel at your old address saying something along the lines of your moving abroad, then setup as a new customer as the new address, as new customers tend to get the better deals. Its worth trying initially though asking Sky about moving house, and what they can offer you in terms of upgrade and install, you might get something matching a new customer deal.

Is not the problem with doing that , the fact that if you take your BT phone number to your new address , Sky will soon see that you're not a new customer at all as they'll recognise the number. Or does the fact that you completely cancel , leave no record of your telephone number on their system.

Would this make a difference ?

Regards James

plasmahal

Novice Member
we will be having a new telephone number so that's not a problem. like said, iv'e been with over 8 yrs so contract to worry about. I have'nt had my phone line connected to the box for years.

I was thinking of the new customer route and thought i could get a better deal through trying to cancel.

James Payne

Novice Member
we will be having a new telephone number so that's not a problem. like said, iv'e been with over 8 yrs so contract to worry about. I have'nt had my phone line connected to the box for years.

I was thinking of the new customer route and thought i could get a better deal through trying to cancel.

No problems then....

.......new customer here you come !!

Regards James

ian-d

Novice Member
Like i said, give the existing customer way a go first, you don't have to take it, but make sure if they give you an offer, they put it on your account for when you need it.

For info though, Sky don't tend to notice same telephone numbers, after all, it could be reassigned to someone else in the future!

plasmahal

Novice Member
Thanks for all your input guys.

Phoned sky tonight, said i wanted to cancle and they gave me the SKY+ and installation at new house all for £49.

I do have to have the box on the phone line for 12 months but other than that a good deal all round.

ian-d

Novice Member
Yep, good deal for you, well worth it see :D

Don't worry about the phone line, just allow the sky installer to plug in for the activation of the card, then remove it once gone, Sky's terms are one thing, Sky actually checking is another...unless you have opted for multiroom! Just make sure you tell the installer not to tack the telephone extention to the skirting etc, just tell him you'll sort it yourself later.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom