Moving house need some info

payasyoutext

Hi all,

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and I'm currently with BT for my phone line (been there for 4 years so I guess I'm out of the 12 month contract with BT thing) and my Broadband is with BE* (same as above, out of contract etc on rolling month)
Now I've just called BT to switch my number to the new address and I was told I will be stuck on a 12 month contract nothing they can do.
I was thinking of switching to O2 complete service in March (BB + phone line) but if I've just signed a 12month contract am I stuck with BT or can I switch?

Can anyone help? :confused:

accyuklad

Banned
you dont need to keep the bt broadband you just tell them you just want to keep the bt line rental and not broadband just get mac code from bt to transfer broadband to o2

payasyoutext

you dont need to keep the bt broadband you just tell them you just want to keep the bt line rental and not broadband just get mac code from bt to transfer broadband to o2

Thanks for your reply, I'm not taking BT BB, I'm just having them transfer my phone line/number to the new address, I will be transfering my BE* account over once the phone line is up and running. I was just wondering if I can switch to o2 phone service/BB at anytime or will BT say you can't change to O2 phone service? or anyone elses for that matter for the first 12 months :confused:

accyuklad

Banned
never new that i would of thought transfering your number to a new address wont do a new contract
or you not moving house till march if so just transfer to o2 line then shouldnt be that hard for a transfer

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom