1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving house, need advice on signal distribution

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by mark88, May 5, 2005.

1. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm moving into a new house to live with my sister, it is 2 up 2 down. The house being quite old simply has an aerial comming in near the window which connects near the TV in the living room. None of the other rooms have aerial sockets.

I'm ordering SKY+ to go in the living room. Ideally we would like to be able to watch Sky in all rooms, aswell as normal terrestrial channels 1-5 without using coat hanger style aerials.

What's the best way to distribute the signal to be able to do this? I do not want Sky Multi-Room. In my parents house my dad has it set up so that all the TV's in the house are able to watch the SKY box connected to the living room TV aswell as the VCR, both these components had to be connected via the standard aerial cables and in the attic has a distribution box which feeds all the aeiral sockets in each room of the house. Obviously all the child TVs can't change the SKY channel or fast forward the VCR but they can watch anything that's on.

Should I be looking at a similiar setup, or is there a simplier method or device that will acheive what I want? TV Link? using Wall Sockets etc?

many thanks

2. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Mark

That's what we have and it works well. A good installation will ensure no (vivible) loss in picture quality although the sound will be in mono.

Another option would be to use video senders which would do away with the wiring. I've never seen them work so cannot comment on the PQ. You can get them fairly cheap now from Tesco

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    Moved to Freeview and Satellite :)