1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving House. Have a Question.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by southpaw, Sep 9, 2005.

1. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I've moving home in a couple of weeks and I have a dilemma.

What to do with Sky. I'm currently living with parents and have had Sky for many years, so now out of contract.

BUT I had a few replacement box a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway now I'm not sure how to do this.

Do I call Sky tell them whats happening then ask them to take my dish down and install at new address? If so what would cost be?

Or would it be a new installation with 12month contract. Don't want a contract as its a rental property.

Or can I get an idependent installor to move it or fix new dish, but then would Sky accept this change of address?

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A home move costs £40.00. You take the box and all cables, except the one that feeds the box from the dish. Sky then come along to your new address and put up a new dish and cable and connect everything back together.Because you are outside of the initial 12 month contract you don't even need to have a phone line at your new address.

3. Bal2005

Bal2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Also make sure you can have a dish put up if you are renting.

People forget to check this and then the landlord says you needed there permission etc.

Just make sure

4. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers.

Yeah I checked with them first otherwise I wouldn't have taken up the rental.