1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving house and upgrading

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by paiger, Sep 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have Family Pack and a Sky+ box which is just used as a normal box. I will be moving in a few weeks with a short stay in rented accomodation before our new house (barn) is finished. I will most likely cancel my existing sub when I leave here.

When I am ready to move into the barn conversion I intend to put up a new minidish with a quad LNB. I will then order Sky+ with a new box and have my existing box upstairs on a mirror sub. I also intend to upgrade to the movies package (movie world?).

Can anyone tell me:

1. How much will the new Sky+ box cost me as I have been an existing subscriber? Should I go for a Sky installaion or get a box myself? I plan to install dish and cabling myself anyway.

2. If I have a second Sky+ box upstairs, will the mirror sub allow me to use all the recording features on that one too? Also, will I get movies up there?

3. How much will the whole package cost? I understand that Sky have dropped or reduced some charges lately?