1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving house and sky with me...HELP

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by didgit, Jun 27, 2004.

1. didgit

didgit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had sky+dish installed a couple of month ago which worked finebut I have now moved house and taken the sky box with me and advised sky, the provlem is that I cannot get any signal what so ever. I am using an old dish with a new LNB (as I thought could be the problem) and a new cable but every time I turn the sky box it tells me "no signal received" I've checked the signal test in the menu and it's not coming up with any readings at all and from what I've read I should see some kind of readings ??? my neighbours have got sky so the area is not an issue.
    Can anyone make any suggestion ? I'm concerned that if I get Sky to come and fix it it's gonna cost me a fortune.

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    when i moved house , SKY charged £50 for new dish / lnb and 3 runs of cable ,(2 for + , 1 for second box)
    as to whats wrong with yours ?
    -Dish pointing in right place (obvious one but had to ask :D )
    -2 runs of cable from quad LNB to box ?

might be worth just getting sky out .

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you have to be pretty precise with the dish position. With the sky install you get a free dish, cables etc and all the work is guaranteed. You can not really complain at £50

4. didgit

didgit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice, I thought I could set it up myself but obviously not :eek:(

5. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a trivial DIY job, provided you understand what you are doing.
    Dave Sullivan's caravan site explains how.