1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving house and sky dish

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by SanPedro, Jun 20, 2003.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    hi All

I'm moving house and want to get Sky at my new place. Checking with Sky I can't upgrade my box to a new one (with Dolby digital built in) without paying for it.

Is it fair enough to cancel the service and register as a new subscriber at the new house under my partners name? As it is the service is only in my name on the subscription.

Or will they suss that the phone number and bank account details etc. are the same as someone elses (if you see what i mean), as i presume this happens to them quite a lot.

Basically just trying to save some of the installation fee and get a new box at the same time. Anyone else tried this before?

chris

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Go ahead SKY will have no way of knowing. On their website there is a £1.00 package at the mo so be quick. U can only get Dolby with the SKY + box and an extra £10.00 per month.

good luck

gb--

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm fairly sure that the SKY+ box will output Dolby Digital 5.1 (when broadcast of course) without the £10 a month subscription. That subscription just enables the recording facilities.

It's probably irrelevant - most people want to record - but I felt it was worth clarification. :)

Fman

4. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know that this may seem a little stupid now, but if they do catch you, Sky do a moving package, where you leave you dish behind and they install a new one with your old digibox.

You might want to give them a speculative call, or a browse on their new online selling.