Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Moving House and Samsung SP50L7HX DLP

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by droolinggimp, Apr 26, 2005.

1. droolinggimp

droolinggimp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys. I have been looking throught these forums for some weeks now trying to make up my mind what DLP set to get.. I have now made my mind and I will be going with the Samsung.
    I have seen this set in Currys or Comet. Cant remeber which one. I was very impressed even though the demo they was playing was via scart and the scart end that was plugged into the DVD player was half out... Cant these guys set things up properly??

Anyway. I am moving house soon and the first thing I buy is the Samsung. Even the missus agrees with that. I have a pretty powerfull Pc with ATI Radeon X800 pro vivo. 1 gig of oczand AMD 3000xp Processor.

I wont have SKY or NTL till later in the year so I will make do with freeview if the signal is good enough. I will also be getting the Samsung DVD player the one for about £130 that has the HDMI output. I am sure the TV has this input cant quite remember.

How do I got about hooking up my PC to the TV? The X800 pro vivo has the DVI output i think. The socket is white with loads of small holes and a smallish square with a flat metal pin.. Hope this is usefull to you guys.....

Also what about the PS2 and Xbox? how can I get the best quality out of those? I know you can get HD xbox cables but afaik they only are available in the US... So any info on the PC to TV and Consoles to TV will be most helpfull.

thanks for any tips you can give me?

Chris

2. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    well i link my pc for best quality by dvi to hdmi lead. this will give you best results. but as you are also getting a dvd player with hdmi then you may have to connect the pc by vga. ur card should have one of these as well. are you going to leave ur pc permanently conencted to ur tv? i have a xbox and ps2 connected to my tv with a sky box, dvd recorder. i use a rgb scart switching box for the xbox and ps2 both conencted with rgb scart leads as the samsung has 2 out of the 3 scart leads which are rgb. my sky box is connected to the other rgb socket on the back. my dvd is connected by component leads and the dvd recorder is connected to the 3rd non rgb scart socket. not sure if they have a hdmi switching box but i read somehwere they did.that may be ur best bet for dvd and pc

3. LB|

LB|
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris,
    If you're having problems finding the xbox High Definition AV pack in the UK, consider getting one from The Neterlands. Here's one I found at Bol.com

http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERS...1004004000003831&Referrer=ADVNLKEL00201200099

Have you got a modded or import console? Because only the NTSC versions of games will support 480p and up. PAL games will still be 480i.
    checkout www.hdgames.net for an overview of the video ouput modes per title.

Grtz
    Stephen

4. Pindi

Pindi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    PAL games do not only output in 480i, i have my xbox set up for HD and my PAL games output in HD if they have the ability, eg, FIFA Street looks absolutely amazing in HD. Even in non HD games like PGR 2 the quality improves using the HD setup because it outputs in 480p instead of 480i

5. droolinggimp

droolinggimp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What will the quality be like via the VGA?

What software would youall recommend for ripping dvds to PC and what software to play them off PC to the tv, if you get what I mean.?

AND... is there a cordless mouse and keyboard anywhere that can be used in seperate rooms from the pc via any sort of reciever (like wireless networks)?

Chris