Moving Home

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by allosunshine, Sep 19, 2007.

1. allosunshine

allosunshine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I currently have Sky HD and am moving home next month, can anyone give me some advice on getting my installation at my new house for free from Sky.
    I've spoken to them twice and the first person told me to phone back using 08702-406484 and select option 3 but it just asks for my phone number and thats it and the second person I spoke to told me the first person was talking crap and there was no way to get the £50 install charge waived.
    Any advice would be great. Thanks.
    Just to clarify I dont know if my new house has had Sky+ installed previously and before anyone asks, I'm in the forces and dont have the luxury of seeing the house that I'm allocated before I move in.

2. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    When ever I ring Sky ( after going through their tedious options menu, press 1 for this 3 for that, than they still put you through to someone else at the end so whats the point :mad: ! ) I find that I get different advice everytime I ring ! have they never heard of staff training !.

I don't know the answer to your question but knowing Sky I would think it would be the most expensive one !

( I'm in the Channel Islands and have just had my LNB replaced, which was faulty, and we use local Sat technician guys so even though my LNB was only 2 months old I've had to pay the labour, Sky won't pay it even though it was a fault with their equipment ! :mad: )

3. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    You don't phone and ask for the charge to be waived. You phone and say you want to cancel Sky because you are moving house and the new house doesn't have Sky. They then offer to do the move for free because they want to keep you as a customer - let them make you the free move offer. A lot of this depends on how long you have been a Sky customer, what package you are currently on, and whether you have moved house with Sky (for free) in the past.

Why not wait until you get to your new house - you might find a Sky dish with a quad LNB and twin cables already routed to your living room anyway - in which case you just plug your box in at the new house and your done.