Moving home with Sky - then cancelling ?

BobBorder

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. First time poster.

I have searched the forums but cannot find an answer to my question.

I currently have Sky Q but will be leaving Sky at some point in the near future and will be buying a Freesat Recorder box.

We are also moving house in the next few months so I’m considering using the Sky Home Move service in order to ensure that the dish and cabling is up to scratch at our new house (no cost, I’m in Sky VIP), and then cancelling so I can use the dish and cabling for the Freesat box.

I see no fees or penalties in doing this, from reading their website, nor any obligation for me to remain with Sky for any period after the Home Move.

Can I do this ? Am I right ? Any experience ?

Thanks !

I'd imagine you can only cancel penalty free if you’re out of contract and/or if there was no signal at the new location.

You might not be if you use their home mover service

You might not be if you use their home mover service
Well, this is why I’m asking for the informed info from people who have the relevant experience. Nothing on the Sky site mentions contracts when moving home.

Pretty sure they won't go to the expense of sending an installer to fit a dish if you’re out of contract.
Just get a quote from a local Satellite installer then buy your Freesat box.

It wouldn't cost very much to get a local engineer to fit a dish and cables if needed. I know Sky will come out and do it with no charge as you're VIP but there's bound to be clauses in their small print. You'll probably only find these out when you've booked an appointment, they'll read them to you over the phone or it will be in an email confirmation. I'd imagine there would be a charge if you left Sky within a certain time period of using this service.

but there's bound to be clauses in their small print. No probably only find these out when you've booked an appointment, they'll read them to you over the phone or it will be in an email confirmation. I'd imagine there would be a charge if you left Sky within a certain time period of using this service.
Yeah that’s my concern hence hoping somebody would have already done the same. Anyway, all academic now, we’ve decided to cancel Sky entirely and will worry about Freesat whenever we move 👍🏼

Even if you did use the home move service you may well need to call out someone later

to change the non standard Q LNB to a standard one.

Even if you did use the home move service you may well need to call out someone later

to change the non standard Q LNB to a standard one.
Not necessarily the latest 4K Freesat boxes work with the Q wideband LNB.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom