• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Moving game saves?

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
I've got PS3 slims in my lounge and bedroom. Only really used the bedroom one for Blurays but now I'd like to play more games on it. I have a fair few game saves on the lounge PS3 that I'd like to copy over to the bedroom one.

Both PS3's are on my wired network and I have wi-fi too. Can saves/trophies etc be copied from one PS3 to another over a network? If not, how do I copy saves/trophies etc using a USB stick?

I've read somewhere that PSN+ allows you to access saves from any PS3 connected to PSN...is this true...and how much does it cost? What other benefits are there with PSN+?

Cheers.

Foster

Distinguished Member
You just simply copy and paste them from the ps3 onto the memory stick that shows up on the ps3 when you plug it in. But some save files are protected and so you can't do it. PS+ you upload the save files to the PS cloud (Online server where no matter what ps3 you go on you can access your ps saves aslong as you have your account details).

PS+ Well you got free games, discounted games, free DLC (sometimes), Well in general just free stuff and discounted stuff :D.

Aswell as exclusive access to beta's etc

Hope this helps a bit

Foster

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
Thanks 'Foster'...appreciated :smashin:

Can you transfer game saves between machines over a network? And, are trophies stored on your machine or on your account?

Foster

Distinguished Member
Trophies are stored online mate / your account so you just sync them with your new ps3.

Data Transfer Utility is an option mate but if you have any stuff already on your second ps3 then it will be deleted

Foster

Distinguished Member
Yeah Via Ethernet

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom