Moving from Xbox 360

21Sam

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I am new here and first time posting. I have a Xbox 360 with quite a few games I have bought online and downloaded and are still on my Xbox 360. Now I have just bought a Xbox one s is there anyway I can transfer to the Xbox one I understand some might not work but is it worth trying

Not sure if this is still necessary (may already be automatic) but you can manually transfer your X360 saves to the X360 cloud save storage.

After that on Xbox One go into my games/apps any X360 games you own & are back compat you can download, when you run the X360 title it will access the cloud saves storage and pull down the save game.

Not sure if this is still necessary (may already be automatic) but you can manually transfer your X360 saves to the X360 cloud save storage.

After that on Xbox One go into my games/apps any X360 games you own & are back compat you can download, when you run the X360 title it will access the cloud saves storage and pull down the save game.

Hi thanks im not bothered about the saved games I don't mind starting them again. but I think I might have a problem with the fact I used a different email address to sigh in for the Xbox one will that be a problem

You need to sign in with the same gamertag/email as the 360 games will be tied to that account. Once you have signed in with that one then you can sign in with other accounts and all accounts on the Xbox one will have access to the Backwards Compatible 360 Games.

If you want you can turn your old Xbox 360 account into a full present day Microsoft account.

Login using the old Xbox details to Microsoft account page, you can change the login/email addresses.

After sign in click on your picture and select view Microsoft account.
* click on your info in the blue bar at the top
* you can manage your MS account name from here which is separate from Xbox name
* click on manage on how you sign in to Microsoft.
* add new details like up to date email and phone.

You can then sign in with that newer email address on the Xbox One.

go here if you want to change the Xbox gamer tag.

Ok thanks for the information I seem to have a problem I followed your advice and logged in to Microsoft with my old Xbox account and email, then clicked on my picture then clicked on your info on the blue bar all ok up to now.

I then see my old email address with my birth date and country then I clicked on manage how I sign in to Microsoft.

I then see a page asking for a Account alias I see my old email address so I clicked on add email address and put the new email address I have on mu Xbox one and it says that address is already in use and I am not ale to get any further

What am I doing wrong

Last edited:
Well you are trying to add an email address that already has an account attached to it.

Either add a different email address or get into MS via chat and see if they can merge the accounts for you or at the very least close the newly created account so you can assign the email address to your older account.

Well you are trying to add an email address that already has an account attached to it.

Either add a different email address or get into MS via chat and see if they can merge the accounts for you or at the very least close the newly created account so you can assign the email address to your older account.
Thank you I will try via MS to try and merge or delete the new account in the morning. Thanks for the advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom