1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from Sydney to London - Can I take my TV?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jumpdeveraux, Jan 13, 2005.

1. jumpdeveraux

jumpdeveraux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read a few posts concerning taking UK TV's to Australia, however I'm moving the other way...

I'd like to take my Sony KV32LS65AS back to London, can someone please tell me whether the TV will work correctly in the UK or what I'll need to get 'tweaked' (or if it's not worth trying!).

Cheers

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    The worst that can happen is that the tuner won't receive UK transmissions. And the easiest way round it, if it does happen, is to buy either

a) a local cheap VCR for, say GBP50, and use it as a tuner or
    b) a digital (freeview) set top box for GBP50 and use that, assuming reception conditioons are sufficient where you will be.

Either way, connect it via the AV input on the back of the TV and say hi! to Uncle Robert*

(*Bob's yer uncle, right?)

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This was covered in some detail not so long ago,i forget the outcome?? There was a general conesus that there are northern himisphere tubes and southern hemisphere.Purity errors are the result......

4. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all, yes I was part of a long thread concerning a member who took his Toshiba over to Australia - If you would like to click on the option to look at all my past postings then I expect you will pick up the thread quite easily. As a result of what I found out I would absolutely thoroughly NOT recommend anyone to undertake this - or vice versa. Regards, yt.