Moving from sky HD to sky q

jhunter

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

as most people have done, I’ve moved to sky q as my sky hd box has failed me. Installation in next week.

set up at the minute, sky hd box in my living room, I have a I/o coming out the RF out that goes to a amp and powers 3 other tvs in the house Via coax cable. We all have to watch the same thing but that is ok for the time being.

I have been searching for a way to keep my old system so we can still watch tv in other rooms. Like I say they just need to mirror the main screen.

what do I need to buy or get to do this, I have been looking at hdmi splitters for hdmi out on the back of the sky q box and then an hdmi to coax adaptor to go to the amp.

im not very technically minded so please be gentle.

thanks

Sky Q Mini? No cables needed apart from a mains supply to the mini. I know you can have more than one mini, unsure on the limit.

Two to work fully and $ky will permit three. Requires multiroom subs no doubt.

Digital RF modulator is another option as per this thread Sky Q hdmi over coaxial
Can have 4 minis, with any 2 minis watching Sky content at a time (the others can use Netflix, iPlayer,etc).
One multiroom sub covers all boxes and so Q with 2 minis is cheaper than Sky+HD with 2 multiroom boxes.

But a digital RF modulator may well be sufficient for you, depending on your needs, and should give better picture and sound quality than the old Sky+HD coax solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom