moving computer


Standard Member
i have ntl broadband and wish to move my computer upstairs without going down the the wireless route.
can i just extend the cable from my ntl point that goes to my modem, if so what type of cable would i need

any advise please

many thanks


Active Member
my inlaws have NTL and the cable that comes out the back of their cable box is a normal ethernet (cat5) cable, so all you need is a long one of these.

you can run ethernet up to around 450m so you should be able to run a normal ethernet cable.

If your PC has a network port you dont even need a modem.

Check this is how your NTL is connected.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom