1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving black bars on pw6b

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by john R1, Aug 15, 2004.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Played a dvd the other night on my pw6b, the top & bottom bars were the same size. i am sure that during the dvd the bottom bar got slightly bigger it seemed to return to the normal size a few mins later, has anybody else noticed this am using dv89 through prog-scan which i have been using for the last 4 months, also have wobble and side bars set on low on the screen saver,

2. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    this is normal if you have wobble switched on, it's designed to slowly move the image around so that high contrast areas are not concentrated in one place for too long, reducing the chances of screen burn, this is a good feature and I would recommend leaving it switched on.

spook

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    john R1

It could have been coded on the disc I guess - its not unheard off to get bad transfers; which Movie were you watching? maybe someone can test the same scene on a similar set-up.

As for the 'Wobble' feature I have to say I'd never have it switched on in a Home Theatre set-up - its designed for use in Digital Signage (where it has little positive effect I find) and is doing you no favours image quality wise; it can only get in the way of a clean Input signal.

Best regards

Joe

4. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turned wobble feature off last night when watching kill bill 2 no problems with black bars, its the wife who insists on leaving screen savers switched on thank for youe replys