Moving a Sky box to other side of room

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by texasboy, Apr 23, 2005.

1. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

Due to changing our room around I need to move the Sky box and tv to the other side of the room.

Unfortunately, the cable is not long enough to run to where we want to box to live. What is the best way to get around this?

I guess my options are

1. Get Sky in and get them to run a new cable from the dish which is long enough to go where I want.

2. Extend the cable - if this option is viable, what is the best type of co-ax to use, there are so many different types available. Is doing this advisable or will the signal drop, am I better with option 1?

Thanks in Advance

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Considering the cost of a few metres of CT100 sat cable and a suitable connectors to extend the existing cable I would certainly give it a go.
    While an unbroken single length of cable is the preferred option you may get away with a joined cable and suffer no reception problems.

3. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    What is the best way of linking together the 2 cables?

2 aerial plugs and a coupler or 2 f plugs and a f coupler (I guess the latter would be more secure?)

Like you say for what the cables/connectors cost to buy, I might as well try it first and live with it for a week.

If I notice a drop in quality I'll get Sky to do the 1 long run.

Thanks for your advice

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Satcure sell ready made cables and the bits you need to do it yourself. Check what you need and either buy from them (or another online dealer) or nip down to the local diy superstore who should stock what you need:)